Train for Treatment
What Is Train For Treatment?:
The Finger Lakes Triathlon is the primary annual fundraiser for the MaryM.GooleyHemophiliaCenter. Every year we run a program called “Train For Treatment” which enables athletes to raise money for the Center via a secure donation web page as they train for the triathlon. All of the money raised goes directly to the MaryM.GooleyHemophiliaCenter for critical patient services and treatments. Please visit www.hemocenter.org
for more information on the Center.
How Do I Sign Up: CLICK HERE
What Are Some Things That I Can Put On My Donation Page:
- “Tri-Buddy” Program - You can raise money for the Center on behalf of one of the child patients that we treat. We will assign one of our child patients to you (your “tri-buddy”) and send you their picture and profile on how they have overcome their bleeding disorder with the help of the Center. You can then include this profile along with your own personal message on your donation page. You will also have the ability to meet your “tri-buddy” sometime this summer if you want and if possible they will be there at the triathlon cheering you on. It is a very rewarding program.
- You can raise money for the Center to help promote its message of health and fitness in our community. The reason the Center chose a triathlon as its biggest annual fundraiser is that it is critical for people with Hemophilia to stay fit and active to help mitigate the effects of the condition. To help broaden our appeal, we have decided to be advocates of this important message to the whole community and will use our resources to help promote it.
- You can raise money for the Center based on the great care that we provide and how we are a nationally recognized leader in the bleeding disorders community for our comprehensive care model and amazing staff. The MaryM.GooleyHemophiliaCenter is another example of excellence in our respective field coming out of the Greater Rochester/Finger Lakes Region – something we can all be proud of.
Please Contact Tom Wilmarth at email@example.com if you have any questions about TFT or need help setting up your donation page. We can set up your donation page for you if you prefer - and then you just send out the link - what could be easier!
2014 Train For Treatment Prizes
1st Place - $1,000 Triathlon Gift Package
2nd Place - $850 Triathlon Gift Package
3rd Place - $700 Triathlon Gift Package
4th Place - $500 Triathlon Gift Package
5th Place – $400 Triathlon Gift Package
6th Place - $300 Triathlon Gift Package
7th Place - $200 Triathlon Gift Package
8th Place - $100 Triathlon Gift Package
9th Place - $75 Triathlon Gift Package
10th Place - $50 Triathlon Gift Package
All prizes will be in the form of gift card combinations to the stores of the following sponsors: Park Ave Bikeshop, Towpath Bike, RV&E Bike and Skate
Anyone who raises at least $350 will have their full race fee refunded*
Rules and Disclaimers:
- Employees and board members of the Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center (and their respective families) are NOT eligible to win prizes
- The winners will be decided by the fundraising totals at 8:00 AM on Monday September 8th.
- The winners will be notified the week of September 15th and will have the option of having their prizes mailed directly to them or picking them up at the Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center
- You must raise at least $1,000 to win prize levels 1st place through 3rd place. You must raise at least $500 to win prize levels 4th place through 6th place.
- *Race fee refund will be in the form of a check mailed to any registrant who raises at least $300 via the Train For Treatment program. The refund amount will be the full registration fee minus any processing fees. Once the registrant reaches $300 in fundraising they must contact Tom Wilmarth at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org to request their refund. You have the option of converting your refund to a tax-deductible donation to the Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center if you wish (we will send you a donation letter for your tax records if you choose this option).